e-QualityLearning.com has been designed from the ground up to be accessible. But we don’t want to just make our website accessible for you; we want to show you how to make the whole Internet accessible to you.
You’ll notice we don’t have a toolbar for changing font size and background colour, etc. This is because internet browsers have moved on in recent years and its generally bad practise to build a site with these features.
Instead we have ensured the site is fully subordinate your chosen CSS, (Cascading Style Sheets). This means that any preference you have for font type or size, text or background colour or even ‘text only’, will take priority over our chosen appearance.
If you’re not sure of how to do this yourself, don’t worry. We have created some How to Video’s for the main browsers, so you can see how to make the internet accessible for you. Just play the video for your browser, watch, learn and apply! Choose which type of system you have Windows or Mac.
We have ensured that the website meets W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0, Level AA and the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI).We want you to experience our service as you choose.
Some of the measures we have taken to ensure our site is accessible include:
- Our website uses relative font sizes to enable users to change the size of text on the page;
- We use alternative text for all images on our website;
- All our web pages use valid XHTML;
- We conduct regular validation checks to ensure the HTML code of our web pages is valid;
- We always include a text transcript when we publish videos;
- We run regular checks of our pages against accessibility testing tools and perform periodic audits of our site against WAI Priority 1 and 2 checkpoints.